The acronym POWL stands for Personal Object WorkList. It is a webdynpro application used for standard UI rendering of business data.
Previously, the Universal Worklist (UWL) which served as a generic worklist, was devoid of user-level configuration option. This handicap led SAP to develop SAP Personal Object Worklist. It provides business users with – a portal-based interface, user-defined worklist, a general overview of work environment, and all related business objects.
Personal Worklist for End-User
Personal Object Worklist (POWL) is an end-user daily worklist/query, introduced by SAP as an innovation in the new dimensional products such as SAP Transportation Management. POWL provides users with a general overview of their work environment and all the related business objects that they would be interested to work on. It enables them to manage their work by bringing together object assignments from different systems, which themselves are not a part of the workflow (including alerts, knowledge management (KM) notifications, and collaboration tasks). It is used as the central access point to object-related tasks.
Characteristics of a POWL
It is embedded in a web-based environment. It can run in SAP Fiori or in SAP NetWeaver Business Client or even stand-alone, called via a URL. It is mostly grouped along with other POWLs forming a “Business Role,” such as the “Buyer” or the “Internal Sales Representative”.
If embedded in a role and personalized to a specific target group, it lists specific business objects (sales orders, purchase requisitions, etc.), provides a homogenous user-interface and finally simplifies business processes.
When worklist is created automatically for a user, the user gets a list of tasks for a specific work area; this task list forms the worklist.
- Each list contains specific business objects from your department. For Sales and Distribution, for example, there are worklists for sales orders. The content of the worklists is specifically defined according to each work area. For example, you can get a list with incomplete sales orders or one with sales orders that are blocked for delivery.
- The worklist also contains the specific functions with which the user can process the business objects.
The personal worklist is also referred to as follows in the Implementation Guide (IMG) and other documents:
POWL (Personal Object WorkList)
POWER List (Personal Object Work Entity Repository List)
The worklist is structured like a table:
- The rows contain individual business objects that you select for further processing (such as orders)
- The columns contain the business data on a business object (such as sales document, sold-to party, net price)
You can adjust the data scope to suit your current task.
The content of a worklist is defined by a query. Its definition is based on a worklist type that is set up in Customizing.
The worklist type refers to a specific business object and defines the business data that you can use as search criteria.
- To use selected business data as search criteria, you personalize the query.
- Additional settings for the view and layout of the worklists and reports support your personal method of working.
You can use the following specifications to tailor the business data selection to fit your current task.
- View with Settings: You can change the view by editing the settings. If you want to use your selected data more than once, save the changed view under a suitable name.
- Filter: The filter settings restrict the worklist data to certain areas such as a period. Therefore, you can activate the filter separately and display the filter settings in the first row or delete all filter settings.
How can Krypt help you?
Krypt is a ‘one-stop shop’ for supply chain & global trade solutions with global footprints. Our in-house solutions and pre-packed solutions for SAP TM, SAP IBP, SAP EWM, and SAP GTS, are an outcome of our long-term customer engagement across 35 countries leading to sustained innovation & technology knowhow.
Our team of SAP TM experts can help you with a rapid & cost effective set-up of TM solutions. If you have queries and wish to know more, please request for a demo or contact us.
Follow us on:
Image Credit: Pixabay